Saturday, January 01, 2011

A New Committment for a New Year

As I welcome in 2011, a year of urgency and great expectation for better things to come, I have decided to sell myself out to Jesus, in every way. Those areas I thought I had surrendered I'm laying at the feet of Jesus, praying I can give my worries, cares and burdens to the Lord once and for all.

I have dedicated myself to live for God, to love others as he has loved me, to serve Jesus Christ wholeheartedly and completely living for Him. Now, I am committing to be a woman of prayer, every day. I want my life to reflect Jesus' love, His compassion, His patience, and strength, His will and His choices not only in the parts of my life that are easy to give up, but especially in those I have hung onto, knowingly or not.

As I pour myself out for His glory, His causes, His work, I know He will fill me with Himself so fully, an abundance of Him is what will flow out of me, and that is truly my heart's desire this year... to be completely surrendered to allowing Christ to live in me, through me, consuming every part of me. This is it, the life I once lived I lived for myself, but now, I live 100% for Jesus Christ. Loving others, caring for others, serving others to a greater capacity than I ever imagined.

Won't you commit to a higher cause, a more noble ideal, a lifestyle that glorifies God in every way, every single day? Become a woman, man, young adult, teen, adolescent, child of prayer. Re-commit today, or commit for the first time and watch what God makes of your life and those He puts in your path. Make a new commitment for the new year. Trust God to hold your life in His hands, so that He may mold and make you into a treasure of worth beyond compare. Place your faith in an everlasting God Who loves YOU unconditionally. (John 3:16-17) Prayer changes things, transforms people and blesses others. Pray like your life depends on it...because it truly does.

No comments: